In the village Dennenlohe, a district of the Middle Franconian community Unterschwaningen, is the eponymous castle with its impressive castle park. Master builder from 1734 was Leopoldo Retti, court architect of the Ansbacher Margrave. The baroque castle complex consists of the residential castle and associated economic facilities.
In 1825 the estate passed into the possession of Johann Gottlieb Freiherr von Süsskind from Augsburg. Since 1978, Robert von Süsskind has taken over Castle Dennenlohe together with his lands in the 7th generation and is responsible for the design of the 26 hectare landscaped park.
The park of Dennenlohe is divided into three areas - the daily open rhododendron park, which is recognized as a botanical garden due to its variety of plants, the ever-growing park, a patchwork of traditional cultural and wild landscapes, as well as the private garden open only on certain days of the year of the castle.