Schloss Weissenstein (Pommersfelden)
Schloss Weissenstein in Pommersfelden was built between 1711 and 1718 by Lothar Franz von Schönborn, Prince-Bishop of Bamberg and Prince-Elector of Mainz. The chief architect was Johann Dientzenhofer.
With its portrait galleries, authentically decorated and fully furnished interior and impressive architecture Schloss Weissenstein is a fine example of Franconian Baroque architecture. During its almost 300 year history, Schloss Weissenstein in Pommersfelden has only once been attacked and damaged, by the Prussian troops in the Seven-Year War, and remains one of the best preserved castles of its time.
It is surrounded by extensive grounds, which were converted from formal Baroque gardens to an English park landscape in the 19th century.
The first Bachwoche was held here in 1947, before it moved to Ansbach in 1948 and since then it has been called "Bachwoche Ansbach".